• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

The MCME Times

The MCME Times
10 Years Down! Many To Go!!!! Editor's Note by Soarz With 2020 coming to a wrap i was thinking this edition could use a little life of energy! So we included many interesting things for you to read, this can be our 2020 Project Wrap-Up or the almost concluded Winter Events! Even if you haven't been here for all of 2020 we want you to feel like you can understand what MCME has been like. It's been alot of fun this year and i'm personally looking forward to what 2021 has to bring to the table for us to enjoy. Speaking of enjoying, i won't keep you any longer, please relax, sit back and get ready for another edition of the MCME TIMES!!!!!!!???!!! ~ 2020 Project Wrap-up ~ Anorien - Lead: @draonic_slayer | In Progress Report by...
Festive Season! Tis the Season to Build! Editor's Note by Mapthor Hey all, Map here again. The past few weeks have been full of excitement on MCME with the Winter Events and it seems like everyone is having a pretty swell time. We just ran the Ice Boat Race yesterday and, let me tell ya, it might be the second best event of all times, behind the Mini Middle-Earth Race of course. I’m not biased at all, trust me. Make sure to attend the rest of the events this month. The team has put so much effort into these things that it would be a shame for them to go to waste. Happy Sailing, Mapthor ~ Project Progress ~ Anorien - Lead: @draonic_slayer | In Progress Report by Mershy Anorien is progressing but not in the area of rivers. The...
Christmas is coming to Middle Earth It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas Editor's Note by ooitsbirdo_KGB/CommonerBirdo Hello all, it’s your beloved Bird here to welcome you to this month's edition of the Times. As November rolls by, we can look back at the progress we have made and what we have left to do for this year. Now to get to the real business, all you reading this better get into the Christmas spirit or I swear to god I will crush your soul with Christmas fun and joy. Anyway, have fun and enjoy this edition. Love you all ooitsbirdo/CommonerBirdo ~ Vote for CommonerBirdo for CommonRoom PM ~ ~ Project Progress ~ Anorien - Lead: @barteldvn | In Progress Report by Mershy New progress has been started in Anorien...
Chilling out! Colder Weather with Warmer Tea! Editor's Note by Mapthor Hey all, Mapthor here! Hope you all are having a fun time on MCME lately, but it’s about to get better. The Winter Events are just on the horizon and let me tell ya, it’s gonna be good. I asked Soarz about what we should be looking forward to this year and he replied with, “Snowy build.” What could that mean? Where could it mean? How could that mean?! Guess we’ll just have to find out this December. Hope you’re still around by the point, we love all our players here…. right? I hope so. Anyways! Happy Sailing, Mapthor ~ Project Progress ~ Anorien - Lead: @barteldvn | In Progress Report by Soarz9 Not too much has changed over the weeks, though Xmine is still...
Spoopy Season! Scary Norir Noises! Editor's Note by _Luk, GingerlyGinger, Mapthor, Smaug, Soarz, Jona. Hello Everyone, Welcome back to a "outstanding" edition of the MCME Times. There has been alot of interesting things going on since the last edition. Keep your eyes out for the podcast that will come out soon, where toti talks about texture for half an hour! The guides held many events for the spoopy season, hope you didn't get too scared. All in all we have a fantastic edition of the times for you so make sure to read it all! Quotes made while writing this editors note: "What color is smaug's underpants" - From the podcast "When we going to Disney" "Let me Deliver my Pizza" - Mapthor ~ Project Progress ~ Anorien - Lead...
BOOOO! Did i scare you? Spooky Season is almost here! Editor's Note by Mapthor Another anniversary, here and gone just like that. Even though the 10th has passed, I think we can all agree that it was one hell of a night. The whole community came together to celebrate one decade of MCME. We got to see the premier of the 10th Anniversary Video, made fun of Arch for being the most AFK player of the year, and even got to kill each other in survival. Many old members came back to celebrate and we even got a shoutout on Instagram from our friends over at Ardacraft (Thanks guys, keep up the great work!). MCME is a very special place right now. It has the power to bring people together in these hard times and never seems to disappoint...
MCME Turns Ten! But in like six days! Editor's Note by Mapthor Howdy everyone, welcome back to the Times. We are so close to the 10th Anniversary of Minecraft Middle-Earth. I’ve been on here for almost four years and it’s crazy to see how the server has changed since 2017. I’ve seen so many new builds, unique players, and one hell of a community change. If you’re an old player or just a newbie, be sure to cherish this chapter in your life. MCME isn’t just another server, it’ll become a part of your life, just like it’s done for so many players on this server. Go out and have fun. Meet some friends, learn how to build, and hop in some tours because you’ll regret it if you don’t. Happy Sailing, Mapthor ~ Project Progress ~ Anorien...
The 10th is Coming Get your party hats ready! Editor's Note by Mapthor Howdy everyone and welcome back to another edition of The MCME Times! We’re so close to the server’s 10th Anniversary which means some great things are around the corner. Old players are returning, big events are being planned, and something you won’t see coming. So make sure to stick around until October 10th to see all the surprises in store for the server! Happy Sailing, Mapthor ~ Project Progress ~ Anorien - Lead: @barteldvn | In Progress Report by Mershy Anorien is still awaiting the new textures to continue on its way. Other details include streams that are always being dug out and built and draonic is planning farms in eastern Anorien. Moria –...
Fall is Upon Us! It all comes tumbling down... Editor's Note by Mapthor Hello again fellow reader, welcome back to another edition of the MCME Times! I’ll be honest with ya, not much has really happened these past two weeks. With the Anniversary Events on the horizon, The Events Team is hard at working getting ready for October. In the meantime, be sure to stay active and stay happy on the server. Happy Sailing, Mapthor ~ Project Progress ~ Anorien - Lead: @barteldvn | In Progress Report by Mershy Unfortunately, with the departure of Oberanio, Anorien has been taken up by Bart to oversee the remaining areas that need finishing. Draonic has been planning farms on the eastern end alongside Xmine, Mithrilled and Maski finishing up...
Summer Ends, Classes Begin! Ya hate it see it happen Editor's Note by Mapthor Hey all, Mapthor here! As Summer slowly starts to come to a close, the Summer Events must do the same. All in all, these Events went extremely well and I’m very happy everyone (hopefully) enjoyed them. But do not fear, the Anniversary Events are currently in planning stages, so make sure to be on the lookout for those in October. Other than that, I don’t really have much to report on, so I’ll leave you all with some advice from good old Odin. When you have some free time in the next few days, dedicate it to yourself and spend some time alone. Whether that time be you playing games for three hours or just going on a bike ride, take it nonetheless. It does...
Swinging and Singing! The Summer Events are in Full Swing! Editor's Note by Mapthor Hello again, avid reader, and welcome back to The MCME Times Editor’s Note by Mapthor! As I assume you all know, the Summer Events have been in full swing this past week and a half. So far, these events have been great. We’ve had great Soc-Football matches with Archimedes, a movie night with Arothir, and one hell of a karaoke session with Xmine. So far, so good if you ask me. But, we’re not done yet! Next Friday (hopefully), Awaywind and I will be hosting our Mini-Middle-Earth Race. Also, be on the lookout for D3’s PvP Event on the 11th and Archimedes’s Moria Race on the 16th. Thank you all for participating in these Events so far. Hope to see you all...
The Seven Stars are Shining Bright! Let Us Start the Games! Editor's Note by Mapthor Hey all, Map here! I just got back from a two week vacation in the lands of Wyoming so I’ve been distanced from the community for a bit. But nonetheless, it is my job to bring you the biweekly Editor’s Note so here I am! The Summer Events are finally upon us with the opening ceremony, hosted by our lovely therapist Soarz, being scheduled for the 31st of this month. Be sure not to miss his lovely speech or whatever he has planned. Once that is over, the Summer Events will last until the end of August so be sure to take part whenever you can. But if you can’t make all of them, that’s ok. Just make sure to attend Awaywind and I’s Mini-Middle-Earth Race...
It’s That Time of Year Again! Get your swimsuits ready, the Summer Events are almost here! Editor's Note by Mapthor Hey all! Welcome back to another edition of Mapthor’s Editor's Note. These past two weeks have been hectic with a lot of stuff happening. We had a lot of great promotions, a handful of jobs, and even a teaser for the upcoming Summer Events! But, in the end, the good can’t exist without the bad. We saw the resignations of both LeBlanc and Dave, who both stepped down from their Staff positions. Thank you both for your hard work on the server, we’re all gonna miss you. To quote Harvey Dent: “The night is darkest just before the dawn.” While we may be going through tough times both on the server and in real life, we’re...
Summer Fun in the Sun Go outside and play safely… or just stay inside and play on MCME I don’t care Editor's Note by Mapthor Hey all, Map here! I just watched Inception for the first time and now my head hurts thinking about it. Go watch Inception by the way, it’s a great movie. Plus, it’s got Leonardo Dicaprio as the main character and everyone loves Leo… right? Remember when he won his first Oscar for Best Actor in The Revenant? That was a happy moment. Ah, the good old days. Anyways, I gotta act professional here. This is the MCME Times we’re talking about here, the newspaper of the server! These past two weeks have been a joyride for the community. We had a few promotions and resignations, lots and lots of tours, and planning...
It's nearly Mid-Summer's Night! Half way through 2020! Editor's Note by Mapthor Howdy gamers, how y’all doing? Another week, another Times edition where I gotta type some stuff up for you wonderful people. Lots of work is getting done both on and off the server. Just in these last two weeks, we had a few promotions in the community, lots of jobs have got the commoners involved in the community, and the Guides kinda took over the News channel with minigame and audiobook announcements. Speaking of the Guides, they went on a “vacation” to Disneyworld for some team bonding which was a wonderful experience. Granted that happens tomorrow on the 14th, by the time you read this it’ll already have happened so there’s that. As the world...
Summer's Here! Lets make the most of it! Editor's Note by Mapthor Alright, this is my third week doing the editor’s note so I’m gonna change it up a bit. This time, I’m going to tell you a story. “There once was a tiger-striped cat. This cat died a million deaths, revived & lived a million lives, and he was owned by various people who he really didn't care for. The cat wasn't afraid to die. Then one day the cat became a stray cat which meant he was free. He met a white female cat & the two of them spent their days together happily. Well, years passed & the white cat grew weak & died of old age. The tiger-striped cat cried a million times, & then he died too. Except this time, he didn't come back to life.” It’s a nice story when you...
Streamers and Chicken! We are back and viral once again! Editor's Note by Mapthor Hey there lads and lasses, Mapthor here again for round two of the Editor’s Note! Two more weeks of Quarantine have passed since the last edition of the Times which means MCME got a lot of special attention. Our donations have been going through the roof recently, a whole bunch of promotions from Artist all the way up to Manager, and lots of new players due to some certain Twitch Streamers. The Server is back in full motion and it doesn’t look like it’ll stop anytime soon. Keep up all the great work everyone! It will all pay off in the end, trust me :) Happy Sailing -Mapthor ~ Project Progress ~ Anorien - Lead: @Oberanio | In Progress Report by...
May Mayham! MCME is Booming! Editor's Note by Mapthor Hey guys, Map here! Soarz let me write the editors note for some reason so here we are. First off, it’s finally May! A new month means new progress for MCME and we got some cool things coming your way. The server got updated to 15.2, the PVP server got revived, and the Gondor RP trilogy is finally complete. Ooits began hosting the “official” MCME Workout Session which is open to the public (just ask him) and Q made the website look very very shiny. All in all, the community is rallying right now with new things due to this quarantine and I couldn’t be happier. The last time I saw the community this active was back in 2017, so seeing this puts a huge smile on my face. Anyways, I’m...
MCME Times! Quarantined Edition! Editor's Note by Soarz With all this free time it's hard to know what day it is, but that's where your favorite Times Team comes in to tell you its Sunday again! Time is flying by as we all stay home, but for us hardcore MCME players it feels like a normal day. As for this week, we have some new cool additions that are interactive and for all to participate in as well as updates on all our event winners. I hope you have your popcorn and tea nearby as we jump into this weeks edition of the MCME Times. ~ Project Progress ~ Anorien - Lead: @Oberanio | In Progress Report by Monster_Duck The Entwash and Fenmarch are being reworked in a project led by Darki. Multiple jobs have been run to create...
Stay inside! Minecraft is more fun anyways! Editor's Note by Soarz With all that is currently going on, it may affect many people. But for those of us who are involved with MCME it has given us all the free time we could ask for. Over the past few weeks we have been moving more then ever nad pursuing our goal even more. Even so i would still like to urge everyone to stay inside (and play Minecraft). We have a special edition for the Occasion so don't let me keep you too long as we move straight into this Fortnights edition of the MCME Times! ~ Project Progress ~ Anorien - Lead: @Oberanio | In Progress Report by Soars Not much has changed for the most part, progress has continued at a steady pace, terrain is being put in...