• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

The MCME Times

The MCME Times
Opening Statement Another week has passed, filled with exciting things such as Oktoberfest drinking events and staff meetings. Other than that people have been working hard to further our progress and make this server a better place. Read all about it now in the MCME times. Project Progress Annúminas (In Progress): The job creating houses for the flooded part of the city is still going on. Make sure you read the post before you start building though, there's some very specific guidelines since the houses will be submerged. When you've read the post and are up to speed you can /warp Flood to start helping out, or talk to @Wollip666 if he is online. Dol Amroth (In Progress): Some roads and more of the general layout has been put into...
Opening Statement Another week has passed and it is already October. They say time flies when you're having fun but even when you're surrounded by the worst people in the world it still moves along at a solid pace. *where is my sarcasm font* Anyway, sit back and relax and enjoy this week's edition of the MCME times. Project Progress Annúminas (In Progress): There is a new Annúminas Job building houses for the flooded part of the city. Make sure you read the post before you start building though, there's some very specific guidelines since the houses will be submerged. When you've read the post and are up to speed you can /warp Flood to start helping out, or talk to @Wollip666 if he is online. Dol Amroth (In Progress): The boat...
Opening Statement Unfortunately this one is a little late as my mother was throwing her birthday party, and I had to amuse the attendees with my acrobatic feats and displays of archery (not really). Despite me being otherwise occupied for much of the day, the times is all finished and ready for the presses. So sit back and enjoy! Project Progress Harithilien Part 3 (In Progress): General terraforming is still ongoing. Also @iSMiTHz has mentioned he will create plots for some watchtower concepts soon. If you are interested follow this thread to get an update on that situation. Misty Mountains (In Progress): There's still a lot of work to be done, we won't see this one finished for a long time. Unfortunately this week not many...
Opening Statement Some cool stuff has been happening this week, a lot of it has been set up for the big projects to come like Dol Amroth and Annúminas. It's all in here so sit down, relax and learn all about this weeks happenings. Project Progress Harithilien Part 3 (In Progress): The Haudh in Gwanûr competition is finally over and @KlemensPlusLukas has won, find out more here. There is still a lot of terrain work to be done though so expect more jobs in Harithilien. Misty Mountains (In Progress): Section 1 of 26 of section 1 of 8 is done... so... YAY! Only 25 more to go to finish the first section, and then that'll just have to be repeated 8 times. In all seriousness though, a lot of progress has been made and I can't wait to see...
Opening Statement Ah, another wonderful sunday and time for the MCME times. Microwave yourself some soda, pour a glass of popcorn and settle down to read up on the latest happenings in MCME. Let's get right to it! Project Progress Harithilien Part 3 (In Progress):Lots of terrain work has been done in Harithilien over the week, a bunch of rivers and cool terrain features have been added. Additionally if you want to join in in the Haudh in Gwainur build competition you have to do so quickly, as it will close in three days, on the 17th of september. Misty Mountains (In Progress): /warp mirrormere, that's where the magic happened. @Finrod_Amandil has done a terrific job creating the valley and surrounding mountains. There's also some...
Opening Statement Over the last two weeks lots has changed. Four staff members and two rangers have resigned due to the new schoolyear starting. As a result of this the MCME times has seen a change in writer, along with some project staff filling in the gaps left behing in Harithilien. All of these changes pale in comparison to the recent changes to rank names and structure though. We'll start this edition of the times by taking a look at these changes. Rank Name Changes & Merges As all of you who have been on in the last week have noticed the rank names have been changed and some ranks have been merged together. Here is a simplified overview: Oathbreaker: This rank has stayed the same in name and function. Droog + Commoner: These...
Opening Statement This week marks a special occasion in so many ways. First of all it marks an end to the illustrious Summer Event that has taken place over the past few weeks. Thanks to the hard work of people like Lizzy and Iru, this past month has been a widely viewed success that has brought a level of fun and attention to this server that may not normally be present on a day to day basis. Furthermore, this marks the last edition of the MCME Times that I will be writing due to the time conflicts that college is presenting me this upcoming Fall term. Luckily for all of you, the wonderful and handsome MaD will be taking over more permanently in the future in order to keep this wonderful news letter alive. And lastly, this edition...
General Update Though it may be hard for you to turn your attention away from the FIFA World Cup that is happening right now, I for one can say thanks for taking the time to read this edition of the Times! I apologize for not having more country options above as unfortunately the poll only lets so many options. I will be sure to post another one when we are down to the quarter finals and such. Otherwise, there are a lot of project developments to post as always as well as community updates concerning MCME media and its upkeep. So sit back, turn on a soccer match, and enjoy the Twelfth Edition of the MCME Times. Project Plans Minas Tirith (Done) Osgiliath (In Progress): Work to the left of the palace is continuing in the Rich...
General Update Have you voted for MCME on Planet Minecraft yet? If not it will take you just 20 seconds to vote for MCME as a top server. Like every week, there was a lot of progress on the World Cup server this week as teams were eliminated projects were worked on. There have also been significantly more jobs for everyone to partake on this week thanks to the hard work of our foreman and other staff members. Otherwise it is time to dish out the progress report for MCME for this past week. I will be gone for the next two weeks so there will be NO Times for the next two weeks. So sit back, relax, and enjoy the Fourteenth Edition of the MCME Times. Project Plans Osgiliath (In Progress): Jobs are being constantly run in Osgiliath this...
General Update Vote for MCME here! It takes 20 seconds on Planet Minecraft to vote for MCME as a top server and the more votes we get, the more recognition and attention we can draw as a community. Now that we got that out of the way, welcome to the FIFA 2014 World Cup MCME for another edition of the sunday times. This week we had, as always, a bunch of different project and community updates that are to be summed up on this page for your viewing pleasure. Rather then rambling on in the intro, lets get down to business. So sit back, relax, turn on your recorded FIFA match on DVR, and enjoy the Lucky Number Thirteen Edition of the MCME Times. Project Plans Osgiliath (In Progress): With most of the houses in the rich district...
General Update Well it seems like the general public cant decide between the left or center orientation according to last weeks poll. I thought about trying everything to the right instead but that would be silly and counter Beyoncé intuitive as, it should be, to the left. Anyways, if you are feeling like you know nothing about what is happening in the community right now, fear not, for the MCME Times, as always, will educate you in the most enriching and fulfilling manor that I can possibly come up. So sit back, relax, turn on the season finale of Game of Thrones, and enjoy the Eleventh Edition of the MCME Times Project Plans Minas Tirith (Done): To answer the worlds question of "is Minas Tirith built yet?", the answer can finally...