• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~ #11/15 - Breaking News: DA Contest winner chosen!

qZRemZY.png
Opening Statement

The weekend of many endings it is! The Short Story Contest will be over at midnight and so will the Dol Amroth Contest. And furthermore its only one week left until easter, and no worries, that event will come along with some fun activities on MCME! (more info will be released very soon!)

BREAKING NEWS
The winner of the Dol Amroth Military District has been chosen! Won has Plot 5 with:
@Eriol_Eandur
@King_Much
@PINT00
@Volcrest
@r0b1n96
Congratulations on your awesome work!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Special Gandalf Tour announced! See below for more Info!

-----------------------------------------------------------

MCME Easter Egg Hunt announed! More info >>here<<

>=======================================================================<​

Project Progress

Annúminas palace (/warp Annuminas)

ixKUn6x.png

Andrast (In Progress) - Lead: @Tyranystrasz
Andrast, the southern coast, is being voxelled and the first buildings are appearing. To visit Andrast there's a new warp! /warp Andrast
- Tyranystrasz

Anfalas (New) - Lead: @DSESGH
Anfalas, also known as Langstrand, has just started its takeoff in the past few days. It won't really get off the ground until @oth0116 is finished with Lebennin, but voxeling has indeed begun. Look forward to a project post in the next few days.
- DSESGH

Annúminas (In Progress) - Lead: @Will_em

Interior of the huge palace is coming along nicely, best of it is probably the breathtaking garden though (see above).
Beside that, @Fireinferno13 has now joined the project staff of Annúminas, and he has published a To-Do List for all Artists! You can find it >>here<<.

Calembel (In Progress) - Lead: @Ivan1pl

You can still build houses for the town. Before you start, read >>this<<.
Poor district is finished, some houses and gardens appeared in rich district and few more houses got accepted from normal house freebuild.
- Ivan1pl

Dol Amroth (In Progress) - Lead: @Demonataz
The contest has ended! A huge thank you for all who participated and congratulations on the amazing builds.
No progress on the main city due to demon's technical issues. Competition will be judged later today.
- Demonataz & Finrod

Lebennin (In Progress) - Lead: @otho
No real progress except some small changes in the villages and some grassing here and there.
Hoping to get this done this week so everyone that's in charge off a village, please do your best and get this region done! :)
- otho

Misty Mountains (In Progress) - Lead: @Finrod_Amandil
with @kisos' help progress is very good on the last section now; however I had to remark a rather uncomfortable mistake I made with the Sirannon, and to avoid water flowing upwards I have to rework some parts of it.
But I was able to make some progress on the materials this week, and the end is drawing nearer and nearer now.

Pelargir (
In Progress) - Lead: @Credoo
Beside the ever-increasing number of houses Pelargir now does no longer have to fear to starve as now just next to the city some huge fields with all kinds of crops have been created.
Both the Pelargir House and Ships build are still open for everyone!

Shire Trees (In Progress) - Lead: @kisos

The treebuild in plotworld has been finished! Thanks to all who have helped out, building trees, walls, or fixing roots on this project so far! The forests around the green fields in the northern shire have been nearly completed, and the 4th section will begin shortly. Watch out for extremely exciting and dynamic root fixing jobs. ;)
- kisos

Public Projects:

Agar and Udul (In Progress) - Lead: @Mandos
In Udul I have added house outlines, and outlines for farms. Again we need artist to come help build. This week I also made the roads in Udul and we are going to have a job soon to make the road in Agar.
- Mandos

Bandit / Traveler Camps (In Progress) - Lead: @PINT00
- no progress this week -

Ethring (In Progress) - Lead: @AWOL777
By now we know that Awol too had some technical issues preventing him from joining the server and thus not making progress.
Now he's back in his town on the river Ringló and has already turned some more outlines into actual houses.

Lothlórien Vegetation (In Progress) - Lead: @yourie98
- no progress this week - (correct me if I'm wrong)

Current Plotworld Jobs and Projects:
>========================================================================<​

Status Updates
Promotions

FireInferno13
has risen from the ashes and returned to the MCME staff team after he resigned in august 2014 from Steward. Not really a surprise hat he could not bear it that long without MCME ;-)
Welcome back Fire!

This Week's Highlights
Media of the Week

Since quite some time @mattlego is producing an inofficial MCME showcase series, covering a wide variety of topics: Walking the fellowships path, showing certain locations and sometimes even giving an insight into jobs on our server.
Check out all the videos >>here<<!

Edhellen mi Ennorath - Elvish in Middle-Earth

Part 11 - Names

Making names in Sindarin mostly consists of creating compounds. For people names that's often any kind of word (verb, noun or adjective) followed by an either feminine or masculine suffix, e.g. Arwen = Ar + -wen ("kingly + maiden"). For geographical names like cities, mountains, rivers and so on we often have a part describing what it is and another part making it unique among its kind. That sounds complicated but is mostly just the same as in English or other languages, however often we write it as two words there (e.g. "Hudson River" or "Mount Everest").

For both kinds however it's also possible to use a word as name that has no clear indication that it actually is a name, which is again just the same as in other languages (eg. "The Thames" or a Sindarin example: Elrond means simply "star-dome"). Note that the rules on capitalization are also the same as in English: Only names and beginnings of sentences are capitalized.

A list of suffixes for people names you can find >>here<<.
Pre- and suffixes for geographical things you can find by consulting a word list (e.g. >>this one<<) and searching for "river" or whatever you'll need.

All these you can combine with any word you want, as said they can be verbs, adjectives or nouns. The only thing you have to pay attention for is the lenition that was talked about in the last Times.

Now here some examples:
Sirannon "gate river": air + annon
Anduin "long river": and + duin
Helevorn "black glass" (lake): heledh + morn
Celebdil "silver peak": celeb + til
Fanuidhol "cloud head": fanui + dol
Taurdal "Forest ground": taur + tal

Elendil "Star friend": elen + dil
Isildur "Moon servant": Isil + dur
Dírhael "wise man": dír + sael

Feel free to post your name creations in this thread if you want to verify if their correct ;-)

Community Outreach

MCME Easter Egg Hunt: @DSESGH, with some support by me and @Arkengard organised a fun game for this year's easter: Throughout the map are 10 easter eggs hidden, how you can find them you'll find out by reading >>this<<.

Special Gandalf Tour: This Saturday’s Weekly Tour will be all about the journey of Gandalf in Middle Earth. Join in visiting major locations along his path and hopefully gain some insight into one of the most important characters of the story. The fellowship will begin at 7PM BST (3PM CDT) on Saturday. I hope to see many of you there.

LotR Audiobook:
We listen to the Lord of the Rings, read by Phil Dragash, while visiting the places the story plays on our server, and sometimes even reenact the events. So get your popcorn ready and be on Teamspeak next Saturday 4th april @ 9pm GMT (right after the Gandalf Tour), we'll listen to a very special chapter that has yet to be announced! The fun is hosted and sponsored by @Credoo.

Short Story Contest:
The short story contest ends today. A big thank you to all who participated, from next week onwards the stories will get featured in the Times instead of Edhellen mi Ennorath.

Times Feedback:
Have a thought concerning the presentation of the MCME Times and how it can be improved? Because we are always looking for new ways to mix up and improve the Times experience through any means necessary and, if you have a comment or concern, it's likely that someone else had it as well and just didn't say anything about it. So be sure to message @Finrod_Amandil your thoughts through a PM or directly in this thread.

~14jn5so.png ~~
24q79y0.png
~~21ecgh1.png ~

Like our Planetminecraft page daily! It's a great way to make ourselves known among other Minecrafters! Click the picture below!
13974_2.gif

Closing Statement
This week's quote is sponsored by @Natarya. It's a friendly invitation to all who have only seen the Lord of the Rings movies so far and have not read the books yet, you won't regret it, they're great and contain many smaller and bigger things the movies could not cover.

“These books are my friends, my companions. They make me laugh and cry and find meaning in life” — Jeod in Eragon

Dum-bum, dum-bum

Last edited:
Just to let you know Gandalf's whole route can't be done as we do not have Valinor or Numenor.

P.S. Sorry for the "spalling" mistakes