If you updated your client to 1.5.2, you should read this post in the Announcement section
MCME tries to deliver you the best experience possible. At the same time we have a policy against displaying ads and other intrusive ways to use you for monetary gains. Instead we ask you for a voluntary donation. These funds go fully towards our running costs.
Terms of Service and Rules
Community RulesA. Social
The following rules should be followed when using the in-game chat, forums, teamspeak and other communication methods:
- Promoting or discussing religious or political views is prohibited.
- Spamming or flooding the in-game chat is prohibited.
- Spamming Teamspeak by playing music in the wrong channel is prohibited.
- Excessive and unsolicited use of sound clips or music on Teamspeak is prohibited.
- Posting links in the game or on the forums with adult or shocking content is forbidden.
- Creating accounts in name of MCME to use on other forums, Facebook accounts, other social platforms, Minecraft server listings is prohibited unless you have a written permission from the founder.
- Attempts to impersonate yourself as MCME, or as an official representative talking solely on the behalf of MCME, without approval of a majority of the Valar, is prohibited.
- Teamspeak password should only be given out to people who are part of MCME.
- The language we use is English on all public communication channels. Other languages may be used in private messages or private conversations.
- Spamming chat repeatedly with the same questions that can be answered by reading the faq ornew player guide, will result in a ban.
The following rules should be followed when being inside any MCME server:
- Modifying terrain, harvesting materials and unauthorised building are prohibited in our world.
- Building and modifications to the world must always happen under the supervision of a foremen, artisan, steward or valar. In rare circumstances Jobs are allowed to be run without supervision, though this must be explicitly stated with a forum post or written public message by a Valar.
- Generating new terrain is prohibited.
- Use of third party mods that can cause adverse effects on server functions are not allowed, such as:
- MCME-Freebuild and MCME-Survival are off limits during jobs and projects.
- Helping oathbreakers by leading them to their destinations, giving them directions, or by placing blocks in an effort to help them navigate the terrain, is prohibited.
- a. Modifications that allow users to fly. (Flymods)
- b. Modifications that allow users to move faster than normal. (Speedhacks)
- c. Modifications that allow access to methods to ruin our world. (Hacks)
Along with the previous rules, the following additional rules should be followed when using the forums:
- You have to register on our forums with your in-game Minecraft name. This is the name how other people see you within multiplayer.
- Advertising for other servers or communities on the forums is not allowed.
Along with the previous rules, these rules are applied specifically within MCME-Freebuild:
- If asked to leave the server by Staff or Administrators, please do so immediately.
- Do not alter another player's creations in any way without prior consent.
- Anything non-MCME related needs to be built in the Off-Topic world.
- Unless granted permission by the player, do not build within 50 blocks of another player's creation, or the world's spawn. All builds within 50 blocks are subject to deletion.
- The Staff's "Private" world is unrestricted for staff, but please use common sense.
Terms of ServiceDefinitions
“Staff” are defined as users ranked as Valar, Bounder, Steward, Artisan, and Foreman.
“MCME Network” is defined as any Minecraft servers, teamspeak servers, or websites hosted, or administered by the Staff of Minecraft Middle-Earth.
“Content” includes, but is not limited to:
- Player data files
- Anything obtained or created while playing on a MCME Network Minecraft server
- Player Builds
- Container contents
- Videos made of content within the MCME Network.
- Audio recordings made within the MCME Network.
- Any images, text, videos, audio, etc. submitted to any MCME Network websites.
- Your username and likeness (Minecraft Middle-Earth does not have or make claims to have access to your Minecraft password or account. Only your username itself, and any skins images, or other depictions of yourself or your character made available to Minecraft Middle-Earth.)
All content as defined above may be retained, removed, or relocated at the discretion of server staff. By submitting content to MCME Network websites (including, but not limited to, mcmiddleearth.com and mcme.co), by submitting content to staff or server email accounts or other contact media, or by creating content on our Minecraft servers, you grant us perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable rights to use, copy, modify, adapt, distribute, prepare derivative works of, perform, or publicly display that content.
Access to the MCME Network is completely free. As such, donations are optional. Donations will not necessarily grant a special rank or permissions to those who do choose to donate. By donating, you agree to the Terms of Service. Donating does not give you authority or power above the Terms of Service. A refund of your donation will not be made under any circumstances.
Suspension of Access
Players found violating the Terms of Service may find their accounts or IP addresses restricted from any server within the MCME Network. In addition, staff retain the right to kick you, ban you, or block your access to the MCME Network for any reason, without explanation or warning. While players may appeal their bans as a courtesy, staff retain the right to revoke any request for a ban appeal.
All information collected by Minecraft Middle-Earth (including information on the whitelist application) will not be disclosed or distributed to any other entities unless specific permission is obtained from the account holder. We do however share anonymous statistics.
By joining The Minecraft Middle-Earth Minecraft server or creating an account on any related website, you agree NOT TO:
- - Use or encourage others to use the MCME Network for any illegal purpose.
- - Impersonate any MCME Staff member in the game or on any other web site;
- - Make unsolicited or inappropriate offers, advertisements or proposals for goods, services or other commercial activities;
- - Interfere with any security-related features of the MCME Network;
- - Harass, bully, or intimidate members or guests of Minecraft Middle-Earth;
- - Engage in any other conduct prohibited by Staff and or Rules;
- - Release or distribute server access information without Staff consent.
- - Save (in any form other than temporary Minecraft or browser server packets required for viewing and intended interaction), reproduce, mimic, or otherwise copy any content on the MCME Network, for either personal use or public distribution, unless you you hold the sole, original copyright on that content;
- - Release or distribute any server content without Staff consent;
- - Share any account or login information with another party in order to access the MCME Network.
You agree to hold harmless Minecraft Middle-Earth and staff, their heirs, legal representatives, and assigns, and all other persons acting under Minecraft Middle-Earth's or staff's authority or those for whom they are acting, from any liability resulting from: your usage of The MCME Network. any usage of content you have submitted or created as defined above, or any changes or modifications made thereto. Staff retain the right to modify these terms or Community Rules at any time without warning. By accessing any service within the MCME Network, you agree that these terms are binding upon you and your heirs, legal representatives, and assigns, in perpetuity.
Additional Terms for Staff
All staff are bound to the following additional terms. Staff are to promote a safe, fun, and friendly environment within the MCME Network. The Staff are split into 3 distinct groups, Administrators(Valar), Build Moderators(Steward, Artisan, and Foreman), and Enforcement Moderators(Bounders). Each group of staff have their own set of procedures and documentation to follow. They will follow all procedures as dictated by the official manuals provided for them. Any staff members that are unable or unwilling to fulfill their duties and responsibilities are subject to the loss of their rank. Administrators retain the right to revoke a user’s rank without warning. For clarity to the public it was stated above that staff retain the right to modify the Terms of Service or Community Rules at will. Additions and modifications will only be made to the Terms of Service or Community Rules by the Founder(q220). While the administrators of MCME appreciate your comments and concerns, do not expect suggested changes to be made.